Tariq Saeedi, with Sergi Pyatakov in Moscow and Mark Davidson in Washington - Legwork by SM Kasi in Quetta, GN Brohi in Dalbandin, and Qasim Jan in Kandahar
It may be worth reading the earlier post titled: Unveiling the Mystery of Balochistan Insurgency before reading this.
Mumbai episode is the latest in a long and nefarious story that started unfolding some 16 months ago in the barren hills of Balochistan, a sparsely populated province in western Pakistan.
After more than 22000 kilometers of road and rail travel, endless legwork chasing small and seemingly unrelated clues, hundreds of interviews and many dozens of field trips, all we have been able to do is just remove the lid on the American designs on Pakistan and India. Equally disturbing is the reality that Central Asia, China and Russia are also in the crosshairs of the United States. What we have found is sheer in scope, mind-boggling and frightening.
The USA seems to have decided to:
- Bifurcate Pakistan using all possible means, including the religious elements that can be bought, coerced or tricked;
- Pull the plug on the Indian and Pakistani economies by creating a situation of perpetual confrontation;
- Prevent India from becoming an economic rival of the United States in foreseeable future by denying it the energy resources of Central Asia and Iran, and draining its precious human and material assets in dead-end pursuits;
- Promote drug addiction in South and Central Asia so that all the opium produced in Afghanistan is consumed in the region and little or none is left for export to the American markets;
- Block the economic growth and expanding regional influence of China and Russia;
- Acquire logistics facilities and infrastructure network for military action against Iran;